Call for Papers
Aniki: Portuguese Journal of the Moving Image
Special section “Immersion and expanded spectatorships”
Aniki: Portuguese Journal of the Moving Image announces the call for papers for the special section “Immersion and expanded spectatorships”, guest-edited by Victor Flores (CICANT, Lusófona University, Portugal), Susana S. Martins (IHA/NOVA FCSH, Portugal), and John Plunkett (Exeter University, United Kingdom), within the scope of the FCT Project CURIOSITAS (PTDC/COM-OUT/4851/2021), of which IHA is a partner.
– Presence and sensory immersion: an enduring media craze;
– Static and moving Panoramas: two immersive paradigms;
– Peepshows and Cosmoramas: Imaginative dislocation and virtual travel;
– ‘Total image’ utopias and other immersive myths;
– Cinematic immersion: From magic lantern shows to 360º interactive moving images;
– Virtual Reality films and storytelling;
– 3D Immersion: From stereoscopic photography to 3D cinema and 3D animation graphics;
– Mixed Reality environments: Current challenges to perception;
– Museums and immersion: Institutional and artistic responses;
– The future of VR pedagogy: Immersive tools for education and preservation.
The deadline for the submission of complete and original articles in Portuguese or English is 15 July 2022.
For further details, click here.