From the 15th to the 17th of December will take place in Lisbon, at Colégio Almada Negreiros (NOVA FCSH), the III International Conference of CEMS – Center for European Modernism Studies dedicated to The Materiality of Modernisms.
The programme features a diverse range of guests and includes three keynote speakers:
– Johanna Drucker (UCLA) | Seeing the Screen: The Materiality of Modern Knowledge Production
– Maurizio Ferraris (Università di Torino) | The resurrection of the body
– Bernhard Siegert (Bauhaus University Weimar) | Seaborn(e) Modernisms: Literature, Art, Navies
Three roundtables are also prepared with the participation of several specialists:
- Celebrating Ulysses at 100 | 15th December, 16h30
– The modern art week of S. Paulo (1922): Undoing myths with documents | 16th December, 18h
– Modernisms in motion | 17th December, 18h
See the entire programme here.
This conference is organized by the Institute of Art History (IHA) and the Institute for the Study of Literature and Tradition (IELT) of NOVA FCSH, the Center for European Modernism Studies (CEMS), the doctoral program in Materialities of Literature of FLUC/CLP and the Artistic Studies Research Center (CIEBA) of FBAUL.